Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should refer to this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2016.
What we collect and why
When you register for an account on our website, we explicitly collect the following information:
- Your full name
We use this to address your tickets and any correspondence appropriately
- Contact information including email address, postal address and telephone number
Your email address is required to send you confirmation of your booking and e-tickets where specified. It is also needed for you to be able to log in to your secure KX Tickets account where you can update your details, preferences, save payment details where specified and download e-tickets.
Your postal/billing address is required to process payments and to deliver your tickets by post where specified. We do not send out any marketing by post.
A contact phone number is required so we can notify you in case of any material change to the event for which you have booked - if you choose not to supply a phone number, we will use other available methods of contact (email or post) but in the case of last minute changes, you may not find out until you reach the venue. We do not partake in any telephone marketing.
- Demographic information such as postcode
This is for audience behavioural analysis - looking into areas where marketing campaigns have been particularly effective to inform future campaigns and what sort of event is popular in specific areas. This data may be passed on in anonymity to third parties (specifically the production and marketing companies and only with your consent) to allow them to analyse where their marketing and event was most successful. This means the producers/marketers of the event you attended may receive your postcode but no other personal data will be supplied alongside it.
- Contact preferences and relative interests
This is so you can specify how you wish for us to be able to process your data.
- Your IP address
- Your payment information
When making a purchase you are allowing us to share your personal & payment information with the necessary third parties, such as credit card companies and banks, so we can complete your transaction. Aside from these cases we will never share your payment or financial information with other third parties. We do not automatically save your payment information but you can opt to store your card details on our secure system to facilitate quicker payments in future.
What we do with the information we gather
Where we require this information, it is collected to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Marketing purposes. We may periodically send promotional emails about new events or products, special offers or other information which we think you may find relevant or interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Where you have purchased through KX Tickets external services or goods, such as merchandise or Ticket Refund Protection, your details will be passed on to the relevant company so that your order or refund can be processed and sent accordingly.
- Internal record keeping and/or for improving our products and services
- Where you have permitted us to contact you, we may send a post-show email after you have attended the event. This post-show email could include a survey or ask for your feedback on the venue and/or the production. These are entirely optional and all of our emails have an ‘Unsubscribe’ button which will automatically update your contact preference settings on our system.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. In order to accurately understand our audiences and customers we may outsource some data to be processed by a trusted third party within the arts industry. This will never be personal data, as defined by GDPR, and is always with full compliance of GDPR. The third party will never contact you, or share your data with other oganisations who may do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other services or websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Additionally, we may embed content or services hosted by third party websites, who may in turn store their own Cookies or collect their own information. Services regularly used on this website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Google Tag Manager
- Activity Stream
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
You may also be given the option to sign up to specific companies we partner with to receive information from them. We recommend you read their privacy policies as we are not liable for how they store or process your personal data.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information, or ask for all details to be reomved by writing to KX Tickets, Wembley Park Theatre, Fulton Rd, Wembley HA9 8TS or emailing [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.